A remedy for acne treatment. Promotes the normalization of terminal differentiation of cells, inhibits the hyperproliferation of the epithelium of the excretory ducts of the sebaceous glands, the formation of detritus and facilitates its evacuation. Due to this, the production of sebum decreases, its isolation is facilitated, the composition is normalized, the inflammatory reaction around the glands is reduced. With external and systemic application it has antiseboric, sebostatic, anti-inflammatory, kerato-and immunomodulatory effects; Strengthens the regeneration processes in the skin.
For oral administration, the initial dose is 500 mcg / kg / day; The maximum daily dose is applied for a limited time and is 1 mg / kg; Maintenance dose – 0.1-1 mg / kg / day; Duration of treatment – 16 weeks, repeated course is carried out with an interval of 8 days. Are taken with food in 1 or more receptions.
Rectal – 0.5-1 mg / kg 1 time / day at night (in prone position); Course of treatment – 8-12 weeks, intervals between courses – 1-2 months.
Ointment applied a thin layer on the affected skin 2 times / day. Duration of treatment is 4-6 weeks.
- Skin: severe itching, hypersensitivity to the sun, peeling, rash, skin infection
- Sensory organs: burning in the eyes, photophobia, visual impairment, cataract, night blindness
- Musculoskeletal: severe joint pain, hyperostosis
- Nervous system: headaches, lethargy, weakness, depression, psychosis, occurrence of suicidal intentions
- Digestive system: indigestion, dryness of the oral mucosa, inflammation and bleeding gums, hepatitis, colitis
- Bleeding and dryness of the nasal mucosa
- Teratogenic effect – congenital malformations of the fetus. For women planning pregnancy, there is a great risk of various violations in the prenatal development of the child. The period of safe conception after treatment with Roaccutane has not been sufficiently studied
According to reviews on the treatment of roakcutane, most of the drug helped temporarily and after the cessation of the treatment the acne gradually returned. In this situation, it is recommended not to stop using abruptly, but continue small maintenance doses that will have a positive therapeutic effect for a longer time and can lead to complete recovery.
In many cases, it was necessary to stop taking roacutane because of serious side effects. At me from a vitamin “A” the liver was increased and hurted, there were various dermatits on a skin, depressive symptomatology was observed.
Much less often there are people on whom Roakkutan did not work at all.