Broad-spectrum antibiotic. It has bacteriolytic (destroying bacteria) effect. Is active against a broad range of aerobic (developing only in the presence of oxygen) or anaerobic (can exist in the absence of oxygen) and gram-positive aerobic gramotriiatelnyh microorganisms, including strains that produce beta-lactamase (enzyme that destroys penicillin). Part of the preparation clavulanic acid provides resistance to the effects of amoxicillin beta-lactamase, expanding the range of its action.
Before assigning the patient drug to determine sensitivity to the hair, have caused disease in a particular patient. Doses set individually depending on the severity, localization of infection and susceptibility.
Children under the age of 1 year, the drug is administered as drops. Single dose for children up to 3 months. – 0.75 mL for children from 3 months. up to a year – 1.25 ml. In severe cases, intravenous single dose for children aged 3 months. up to 12 years is 30 mg / kg body weight; preparation is administered every 6-8 hours for children up to 3 months are administered a single dose of 30 mg / kg body weight: and preterm children during the perinatal period (for 7th day neonate) – every 12 hours, and then every 8 hours treatment.. The drug should not continue for more than 14 days without a review of the clinical situation.
Children under the age of 12 years prescribed medication in the form of a syrup or a suspension. Single dose depends on age and is: for children aged 7-12 years – 10 ml (0.156 g / 5 ml) or 5 ml (0.312 g / 5 ml); for children aged 2-7 years – 5 ml (0.156 g / 5 ml); children between the ages of 9 months. aged 2 – 2.5 ml syrup (0.156 g / 5 ml) 3 times a day. In severe infections the dose can be double.
Rarely – dyspepsia (indigestion). The severity of dyspeptic side effects may be reduced while taking the drug with food. Described isolated cases of impaired liver function, the development of hepatitis, cholestatic jaundice (jaundice associated with the stagnation of bile in zhelchevyvodyashih ways). There are few reports about the development of pseudomembranous colitis (intestinal colic, characterized by bouts of abdominal pain and the release of large amounts of mucus in the feces). Rarely -krapivnitsa, angioedema (allergic edema); very rarely – anaphylactic (allergic) shock poliformnaya erythema (infectious-allergic disease characterized by redness symmetric skin and temperature rise), cider Stevens-Johnson (disease characterized by redness and bleeding into mucous membranes of the mouth, urethra and conjunctiva / outer coat of the eye /), exfoliative dermatitis (redness of the whole body with its expressed ecdysis). Rarely – candidiasis (fungal infection) and other types of superinfection (heavy, rapidly developing form of an infectious disease caused by resistant to malaria infections formerly in the body, but does not show itself). In some cases, the opportunity to develop phlebitis (vein inflammation) at the injection site.
– increased sensitivity to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid and other ingredients, beta-lactam antibiotics (e.g., penicillins, cephalosporins) history;
– jaundice prior episodes or abnormal liver function when using a combination of amoxicillin with clavulanic acid in the history;
– children up to 12 years and a body weight less than 40 kg (for tablets of 250 mg / 125 mg or 500 mg / 125 mg, or 875 mg / 125 mg);
– children under the age of 3 months (powder for suspension for oral administration of 200 mg / 28.5 mg and 400 mg / 57 mg);
– renal dysfunction (creatinine clearance ≤ 30 ml / min) – (tablet 875 mg / 125 mg, powder for suspension for oral administration of 200 mg / 28.5 mg and 400 mg / 57 mg);
– phenylketonuria (powder for suspension for oral administration).